Why OK 2014?
1. Korea is the center of large offshore plant construction, dominating the world's new building market.
Korea is an undisputed world leader in new building of large offshore plant construction, with its top 3 shipyards - Hyundai heavy Industries, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, Samsung Heavy Industries.
Korean shipyards recorded 35% of the global new building market of offshore and shipbuilding project in 2012. (Order Volume : 214 Projects - 7.5 Millon CGT, Order Value : US＄30 Billon)
Order of 16 Drill-ships (App. 67% of the world's total project ofders)
Order of 24 LNG Carriers (App. 73% of the world's total project orders)
2. OK 2014 is specially sponsored by The world's top 3 Korean shipyards
OK 2014 is sponsored by the 3 major shipyards in Korea - Hyundai, Daewoo and Samsung.
These companies will provide full-scale support for the offshore plant and commercial ship models exhibitions, dispatch their shipbuilding and offshore procurement representatives, and participate in the offshore construction conference, contributing greatly to the value and success of OK 2014.
3. The World's IOCs and NOCs, offshore plant owners, as well as the 3 Korean major shipyards will participate in OK 2014 as visitors, making the exhibition an invaluable opportunity to showcase products.
The shipbuilding and offshore procurement representatives of the 3 Korean major shipyards which currently dominate the world market and IOCs and NOCs, offshore ship owners will directly participate in OK 2014 as visitors. Their participation makes OK 2014 a great propromotional opportunity for offshore and marine equipment manufacturers seeking to enter and/or expand their business in the Korean offshore plant construction market.
4. With the budget support of the Korean Government, OK 2014 provides participants with substantive opportunities to enter the Korean offshore plant construction market through its various events such as IOCs and NOCs invitation and conferences.
OK 2014 is granted budget support by the Korean government and will include various events such as IOCs and NOCs invitation, conferences, strategic technical meetings, and trips to key industry sites. The events are all aimed at bridging the needs of participating businesses and buyers, and assisting companies in tapping into the Korean offshore plant construction market.
5. A grand scale of internatiional conference with prestigious panels will provide a glimpse into where the world's offshore plant-related technology stands today.
The main players from corporations leading different areas in the global offshore plant equipment industry will comprise the conference's panel, sharing their expertise and information on the latest technology - in particular the world - leading offshore plant construction technology owned by the 3 Korean major shipyards.
World-leading offshore plant construction technology owned by the top 3 shipbuilding yards
Petroleum development market trends and forecasts, shipbuilding and constructiion technology, boring, production, petrochemical, oil & gas, etc.
Key Panel Guests
Members of the engineering & design divisions of the 3 Korean major shipyards, representatives from IOCs & NOCs, engineering companies, scientists from the US and Europe, major classifications, Ship operation companies, etc.
6. OK 2014 will assist participants with the building footholds in the Korean offshore construction market through arranging strategic technical cooperation with Korean offshore and marine equipment manufacturers that own excellent infrastructures.
OK 2014 will organize technical business meetings to establish the bases for joint ventures, licensing production, M&A, and other strategic thechnical cooperation between overseas offshore and marine equipment manufacturers seeking to foray into the Korean market and Korean equipment manufacturers that possess superior distribution networks with korea's large shipyards and advanced production capability. Companies will have opportunies to make cost-effective investments to acquire production bases in Korea's mammoth offshore plant construction market.